LED Lighting Installation Specialists
The light-emitting diode (LED) is one of today’s most energy-efficient and rapidly-developing lighting technologies. Quality LED light bulbs last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting.
LED is a highly energy efficient lighting technology, and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the UK and abroad. Residential LEDs — especially ENERGY STAR rated products — use at least 75% less energy, and last 25 times longer, than incandescent lighting.
Widespread use of LED lighting has the greatest potential impact on energy savings in the UK. By 2027, widespread use of LEDs could save about 348 TWh (compared to no LED use) of electricity: This is the equivalent annual electrical output of 44 large electrical power plants (1000 megawatts each), and a total savings of more than £20 billion at today’s electricity prices.
How LEDs are different
LED lighting is very different from other lighting sources such as incandescent bulbs and CFLs. Key differences include the following:
- Light Source: LEDs are the size of a fleck of pepper, and a mix of red, green, and blue LEDs is typically used to make white light.
- Direction: LEDs emit light in a specific direction, reducing the need for reflectors and diffusers that can trap light. This feature makes LEDs more efficient for many uses such as recessed downlights and task lighting. With other types of lighting, the light must be reflected to the desired direction and more than half of the light may never leave the fixture.
- Heat: LEDs emit very little heat. In comparison, incandescent bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat and CFLs release about 80% of their energy as heat.
LED lighting is currently available in a wide variety of home and industrial products, and the list is growing every year. The rapid development of LED technology leads to more products and improved manufacturing efficiency, which also results in lower prices. Below are some of the most common types of LED products.
- Industrial and commercial lighting
- Kitchen under-cabinet lighting
- Recessed downlights
- LED replacement bulbs
We have used Dali lights, a real game changer. They are eco-friendly, cost-effective, adjustable lights that can be simply installed and will make an enormous difference to any room.
- DALI – Digital Addressable Lighting Interface
- DALI is an international standard created specifically for digital lighting control
- DALI provides a single interface for all electronically controlled light sources in an easy-to-install and versatile system.
- DALI promises flexibility in design, and ease of installation.
- DALI provides almost unlimited scalability of lighting control systems
- DALI is cost-effective through energy-savings and is easy to manage.