We have had a hectic start to 2021, whilst #Lockdown3 is underway, we are open and adhering to the latest government advice. During these uncertain times, the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers is our top priority, so please bear with us whilst we adjust to new measures within our workforce.
Looking back, 2020 was a good year for Bojen Electrical. We reached a huge milestone in April 2020 – Our 15th Birthday, 15 years trading!! Our plans for a big celebration were shattered by Covid-19 as were our annual team building day and our Christmas party, but we are hopeful 2021 will bring lots of celebrations. Despite the setbacks, we completed some major projects and managed to keep our staff and customers safe throughout. We even welcomed two new apprentices to our team, Jack (left) and Theo (right).
COVID-19 has changed the way we live and work, we have been inundated with phone calls to change, check and upgrade electrics in households. This is something we can still do, however we do ask that our customers help to protect our staff by following government guidelines too. Here are some simple measures that you can take when our engineer is visiting your home;
- Keep 2m distance at all times
- Limit number of people in the house as much as possible
- Wear a mask
You can contact us to discuss your requirements, whether it be an electrical safety check or upgrading your lights to LEDs. LED lights are a game changer in any environment and could improve your setting at home immensely. If you are working from home for the long run and would like a quotation for LED lighting upgrade then please call 01235 559358 and click here to read our LED lighting Blog for more information.
Most importantly, please stay safe whilst you are home, here are some tips that could help you;
- Always charge your devices and electrical items on a hard, flat surface. Unplug them when they are fully charged to avoid them overheating.
- Avoid overloading sockets. Extension leads should not have every socket being used at once. This socket calculator will let you know what is safe.
- Don’t “daisy chain” extension leads. If your cable doesn’t reach, don’t plug it into another adaptor – move your work station closer to the socket or use a longer cable.
- Do not carry out any electrical work that requires entering a fuse board. If in doubt, call an electrician.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 01235 559358. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year! Stay safe.